Saturday, October 29, 2011

Fall Hat Pattern

Hello internet!

I seem to have writer's block in the form of amigurumi (cause that totally makes sense). Every time I make an ami, I end up not liking it enough to post it for you guys. So I decided to take a break and try something else!

Here's what I came up with:


Super cute, super slouchy, and a scalloped edge and a bow to make it more feminine.

What You Will Need:
-No more than 150 yards of medium weight yarn. I used Lion Brand Wool-Ease in rose heather and dark rose heather.
-A 5.00 mm hook. If you crochet tightly/loosely, you may want to adjust your hook size accordingly. I crochet somewhere in the middle.
-A button for the center of the bow. Mine is 1.5 in in diameter

Notes:
For this pattern, I used my own version of a puff stitch to make it less bulky.
My version is:
--Yo, insert hook through next st, pull up a loop, yo, insert hook through next st, pull up a loop, yo, pull through all loops on hook. Ch 1 to finish off.--
Also, for the stripes, I changed colors every five rows.
Lastly, when I say "in next stitch" I mean the space in between puff stitches.

Finally, the pattern:
1. Ch 3, 6 dc in first ch, sl st to join
2. Ch 2, (1 puff st, 2 puff st in next st) around
3. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 2 st, 2 puff stitch in next st) around
4. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 3 st, 2 puff stitch in next st) around
5. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 4 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
6. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 5 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
7. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 6 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
8. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 7 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
9. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 8 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
10. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 9 st, 2 puff st in next st) around
11. Ch 2, (1 puff st in next 10 st, 2 puff st in next st) around (NOTE: if you have a smaller head like me, skip this round)
12-25. (14 rows) 1 puff st in each st around
26. Edging: Ch 2, (5 dc in next st, sc) around
Fasten off, weave in ends.

Bow:
1. Ch 11, ch 1, turn
2. Sc across, ch 1, turn
3. Dec, sc 6, dec, ch 1, turn
4. Sc across, ch 1, turn
4. Dec, sc 4, dec, ch 1, turn
5. Sc across, ch 1, turn
6. Dec, sc 2, dec, ch 1, turn
7-8. Sc across, ch 1, turn
9. Inc, sc 2, inc, ch 1, turn
10. Sc across, ch 1, turn
11. Inc, sc 4, ch 1, turn
12. Sc across, ch 1, turn
13. Inc, sc 6, ch 1, turn
14. Sc across, ch 1, turn
15. sl st across, fo

Sew to hat, sew a button in the middle, block as needed, and you're done!

Hope you enjoy, thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to say how much I love your blog and that I have nominated you for an award here: http://craftgirl78.wordpress.com/2012/07/05/a-little-drop-of-sunshine/

    ReplyDelete